Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The reason behind it...

In the past year or so, with the explosion of Pinterest, and blogging, I have found a million things that I'd like to do in my classroom.

So, I have started this blog to hopefully document things I love, things that worked, and didn't, and part of our journey on the way!

A little about me...

I currently teach 5th grade in a 'burb in Texas and really love it.  I have been in education for 15 years,  13 teaching and 2 in child care.  I have taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th grades.  When my oldest son was born I took a director job in a small church preschool.  Then my surprise baby came and I moved to full time child care.  After a year in full time care I realized I was meant to be in the classroom and I was lucky enough to get hired back :)

I got hired back in as a 3rd grade teacher (my first love and what I taught for nine years) but as we all know in the teaching game, when you're low man on the totem pole, nothing is certain.  So I moved the next year to first grade.  That was certainly an adventure.  It was a tough bunch of kids, weird that it happens that way isn't it?, and SO different from what I thought it would be!  And yet again, after teacher cuts, and contract weirdness I was moved AGAIN to 5th.

To be honest I never thought I would go to 5th, and I wasn't sure I would like it.  We did our first year of team teaching and I taught only Language Arts and Social Studies, my LOVES.  It ended up being a GREAT first year and I'm thrilled to say that I'm staying in 5th for the fall.  Our numbers look like we will only have three teachers, so I will strictly be Language Arts.  I'm pretty excited about that except I'm a bit disappointed about not teaching Social Studies since I really had a great time with it last year :) I'm will also have MTA students (dyslexic) and have one section for the co-teach class.

After my fist year in 5th there are a LOT of things I want to change completely, and several that I'd like to make better.  And, after spending a lot of my summer break online, there's even more that I want to add!

So, let's get going :)

Let me know what you think as we go :)

LeAnne

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! You'll find it is quite rewarding with a network of friendly, motivated teachers with great ideas! Looking forward to following you! :)

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been lurking for a while and have a personal blog, but didn't really feel my teaching stuff fit on there :) Hopefully I'll keep up with my own while I read everyone else's!

      Delete